1. Hammes WP, Brandt MJ, Francis KL, Rosenheim J, Seitter MFH, Vogelmann SA. Microbial ecology of cereal fermentations. Trends Food Sci Tech. 2005; 16(1-3): 4-11.
2. Corsetti A, Settanni L. Lactobacilli in sourdough fermentation. Food Res Int. 2007; 40(5): 539-558.
3. Messens W, De Vuyst L. Inhibitory substances produced by Lactobacilli isolated from sourdoughs, a review. Int J Food Microbiol. 2002; 72(1): 31-43.
4. Simsek O, Hilmi Con A, Tulumoglu S. Isolating lactic starter cultures with antimicrobial activity for sourdough processes. Food Control. 2006; 17(4): 263-270.
5. Katina K, Arendt E, Liukkonen KH, Autio K, Flander L, Poutanen K. Potential of sourdough for healthier cereal products. Trends Food Sci Tech. 2005; 16(1-3): 104-112.
6. Poutanen K, Flander L, Katina K. Sourdough and cereal fermentation in a nutritional perspective. Food Microbiol. 2009; 26(7): 693-699.
7. Todorov S, Onno B, Sorokine O, Chobert JM, Ivanova I, Dousset X. Detection and characterization of a novel antibacterial substance produced by Lactobacillus plantarum ST31 isolated from sourdough. Int J Food Microbiol. 1999; 48(3): 167-177.
8. Katina K, Sauri M, Alakomi HL, Mattila-Sandholm T. Potential of lactic acid bacteria to inhibit rope spoilage in wheat sourdough bread. Food Sci Tech. 2002; 35(1): 38-45.
9. Pepe O, Blaiotta G, Moschetti G, Greco T, Villani F. Rope producing strains of Bacillus spp. from wheat bread and strategy for their control by lactic acid bacteria. Appl Environ Microb. 2003; 69(4): 2321-2329.
10. Leroy F, De Winter T, Adriany T, Neysens P, De Vuyst L. Sugars relevant for sourdough fermentation stimulate growth of and bacteriocin production by Lactobacillus amylovorus DCE 471. Int J Food Microbiol. 2006; 112(2): 102-111.
11. Mentes O, Ercan R, Akcelik M. Inhibitor activities of two Lactobacillus strains, isolated from sourdough, against rope-forming Bacillus strains. Food Control. 2007; 18(4): 359-363.
12. Corsetti A, Settanni L, Braga TM, Silva Lopes MF, Suzzi G. An investigation of the bacteriocinogenic potential of lactic acid bacteria associated with wheat (Triticum durum) kernels and non-conventional flours. Food Sci Tech. 2008; 41(7): 1173-1182.
13. Alizadeh S, Jamalifar H, Samadi N, Eaidi A, Fazeli M. Effect of sodium chloride on the kinetics of growth and antimicrobial potential of lactobacilli isolated from Iranian traditional sourdough. Iran J Nutr Sci Food Tech. 2010; 5(3): 47-56. [In Persian]
14. Zannini E, Garofalo C, Aquilanti L, Santarelli S, Silvestri G, Clementi F. Microbiological and technological characterization of sourdoughs destined for bread-making with barley flour. Food Microbiol. 2009; 26(7): 744-753.
15. Mariotti M, Garofalo C, Aquilanti L, Osimani A, Fongaro L, Tavoletti S, Hager AS, Clementi F. Barley flour exploitation in sourdough bread-making: a technological, nutritional and sensory evaluation. Food Sci Tech. 2014; 59(2): 973-980.
16. AACC International. Approved methods of the American association of cereal chemists. 11th Ed. The St. Paul. 2010.
17. Ferchichi M, Valcheva R, vost H, Onno B, Dousset X. Molecular identification of the microbiota of French sourdough using temporal temperature gradient gel electrophoresis. Food Microbiol. 2007; 24(7-8): 678-686.
18. Gulahmadov SG, Abdullaeva NF, Guseinova NF, Kuliev AA, Ivanova IV, Dalgalarondo M, Chobert JM, Haertlee T. Isolation and characterization of bacteriocin-like inhibitory substances from lactic acid bacteria isolated from Azerbaijan cheeses. Appl Biochem Microbiol. 2009; 45(3): 266-271.
19. Yang E, Fan L, Jiang Y, Doucette C, Fillmore S. Antimicrobial activity of bacteriocin producing lactic acid bacteria isolated from cheeses and yogurts. AMB Express. 2012; 2(1): 48-59.
20. Todorov SD, Dicks LMT. Pediocin ST18, an anti-listerial bacteriocin produced by Pediococcus pentosaceus ST18 isolated from boza, a traditional cereal beverage from Bulgaria. Process Biochem. 2005; 40(1): 365-370.
21. Ahmadova A, Todorov SD, Hadji-Sfaxi I, Choiset Y, Rabesona H, Messaoudi S, Kuliyev A, de Melo Franco BDG, Chobert JM, Haertlé T. Antimicrobial and antifungal activities of Lactobacillus curvatus strain isolated from homemade Azerbaijani cheese. Anaerobe. 2013; 20: 42-49.
22. Jorgensen JH, Ferraro MJ. Antimicrobial susceptibility testing: a review of general principles and contemporary practices. Med Microbiol. 2009; 49(11): 1749-1755.
23. Chavan RS, Chavan SR. Sourdough technology, a traditional way for wholesome foods: a review. Comp Rev Food Sci Food Saf. 2011; 10(3): 170-183.
24. Sadeghi A, Mortazavi SA, Bahrami AR, Shahidi F, Matin MM, Khomeiri M. Evaluating the effect of plasmid on anti-ropiness activity of Lactobacillus plantarum isolated from Iranian traditional sourdough. Iran J Nutr Sci Food Tech. 2011; 6: 22 [In Persian].
25. Ammor S, Tauveron G, Dufour E, Chevallier I. Antibacterial activity of lactic acid bacteria against spoilage and pathogenic bacteria isolated from the same meat small-scale facility. Food Control. 2006; 17(6): 454-461.
26. Gálvez A, Abriouel H, López RL, Ben Omar N. Bacteriocin-based strategies for food biopreservation. Int J Food Microbiol. 2007; 120(1-2): 51-70.
27. Corsetti A, Settanni L, Van Sinderen D. Characterization of bacteriocin-like inhibitory substances (BLIS) from sourdough lactic acid bacteria and evaluation of their in vitro and in situ activity. J Appl Microbiol. 2004; 96(3): 521-534.
28. Reis JA, Paula AT, Casarotti SN, Penna ALB. Lactic acid bacteria antimicrobial compounds: characteristics and applications. Food Eng Rev. 2012; 4(2): 124-140.