1. Rajbanshi A. Study on heavy metal resistant bacteria in Guheswori sewage treatment plant. Our Nature. 2008; 6(1): 52-57.
2. Koshy PM. 2013. Environmental stress studies with reference to the pollution in the Vattakayal backwaters near the industrial area of Chavara Kollam district Kerala. Ph.D. Faculty of Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University.
3. Edward Raja C, Selvam GS, Omine K. 2009. Isolation, identification and characterization of heavy metal resistant bacteria from sewage. International Joint Symposium on Geodisaster and Geoenvironment in Asia. JS-Fukuoka.
4. Kafilzadeh F, Afrogh R, Mojoodi N. Isolation and identification of lead resistant bacteria from contaminated soils near gas stations in Jahrom city. J Health. 2013; 4(2): 110-121. [In Persian]
5. Bruins MR, Kapil S, Oehme FW. Microbial resistance to metals in the environment. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2000; 45: 198-207.
6. Nath S, Deb B, Sharma I. Isolation and characterization of cadmium and lead resistant bacteria. Glo Adv Res J Microbiol. 2012; 11: 194-198.
7. Karim Salmani B, Amouzegar M, Hamedi J. Biosorption of lead by bacteria isolated from biological wastewater petrochemical industry. J Environ Sci Technol. 2011; 13: 42-54. [In Persian]
8. Chatterjee S, Mukherjee A, Sarkar A, Roy P. Bioremediation of lead by lead-resistant microorganisms, isolated from industrial sample. Adv Biosci Biotechnol. 2012; 3: 290-295.
9. Nayeri R, Ghaemi N, Noohi A. Evaluation of isolated bacteria from industrial wastewaters in lead (Pb) removal. Qom Univ Med Sci J. 2011; 5(1): 75-82. [In Persian]
10. Low KS, Lee CK and Liew SC. Sorption of cadmium and lead from aqueous solution by spent grain. Pro Biochem. 2000; 36: 59-64.
11. Naik MM, Shamim K, Dubey SK. Biological characterization of lead resistant bacteria to explore role of bacterial metallothionein in lead resistance. Current Sci. 2012; 103 (4): 426-429.
12. Dorian BH, Landy RB, Enrique DP, Luis FL. Zinc and lead biosorption by Delftia tsuruhatensis: a bacterial strain resistant to metals isolated from mine tailings. J Water Resource Pro. 2012; 4: 207-216.
13. Sowmya M, Rejula MP, Rejith PG, Mohan M, Karuppish M and Hatha MA. Heavy metal tolerant halophilic bacteria from Vemanad Lake as possible source for bioremediation of lead and cadmium. J Environ Bio. 2013; 35(4): 654-660.
14. Amouzegar M, Ghazanfari N. Evaluation of biosorption of lead and cadmium by halophilic bacterium Halomonas eurihalina strain D. J Environ Sci. 2009; 2(1): 1-11.
15. Hassanlouei MA, Ghasemiyan Roudsari F. 2013. Isolation of lead resistant bacteria from polluted effluents and soils of Zanjan Province. First National Conference on Sustainable Agricultural Development and Healthy. 26 February, Hamedan, Iran.
16. Weisburg WG, Barns SM, Pelletier DA, Lane DJ. 16S ribosomal DNA amplification for phylogenetic study. J Bacteriol. 1991; 173(2): 697-703.
17. Altschul SF, Gish W, Miller W, Myers EW, Lipman DJ. Basic local alignment search tool. J Mol Biol. 1990; 215: 403-410.
18. Kafilzadeh F, Afrough R, Johari H, Tahery Y. Range determination for resistance/tolerance and growth kinetic of indigenous bacteria isolated from lead contaminated soils near gas stations (Iran). Eur J Exp Bio. 2012; 2(1): 62-69.
19. Lugaskas A, Levinskaite L, Peeiulyte D, Repeekiene J, Motuzas A, Vaisvalavieius R, Prosyeevas I. Effect of copper, zinc and lead acetates on microorganisms in soil. Ekologija. 2005; 1: 61-69.
20. Malik A, Khan IF, Aleem A. Plasmid incidence in bacteria from agricultural and industrial soils. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2002; 9: 827-833.
21. Abou-Shanab RI, Delorme TA, Angle JS, Chaney RL, Ghanem K, Moawad H, Ghozlan HA. Phenotypic characterization of microbes in the rhizosphere of Alyssum murale. Int J Phytoremed. 2003; 4: 367-379.
22. Tunali S, Cabuk A and Akar XT. Removal of lead and copper ions from aqueous solutions by bacterial strain isolated from soil. Chem Eng J. 2005; 115: 203-211.
23. Gabor RM, Hassan SHA, Shoreit AAM. Biosorption of lead and nickel by living and non-living cells of Pseudomonas aeruginosa ASU 6a. Int Biodeterior Biodeg. 2008; 62: 195-203.
24. Ray I, Paul S, Bera D, Chattopadhyay P. Bioaccumulation of Pb (II) from aqueous solutions by Bacillus cereus M116. J Haz Sub Res. 2005; 5(1): 1-21.