1. Ratledge C. Single Cell Oils, Lipid Research Center, University of Hull, Department of Biological Sciences. 2005; 51: 1-20.
2. Raschke D, Knorr D. Rapid monitoring of cell size, vitality and lipid droplet development in oleaginous yeast Waltomyces lipofer. Journal of Microbiologocal Methods. 2009; 79(2): 178-183.
3. Fidler N, Koletzho B, Sauerwald TU. Single cell oil production and application. Pregledni znanstveni prispevek (Pharmaceutical Journal of Slovenia). 1999; 37-45.
4. Meng X, Yang J, Xu X, Zhang L, Nie Q, Xian M. Biodiesel production from oleaginous microorganisms. Renewable Energy. 2009; 34: 1-5.
5. Wynn PJ, Ratledge C. Oils from microorganisms. Martek Bioscience Corporation. Columbia, 2005; pp: 121-153.
6. Economou CN, Aggelis G, Pavlou S, Vayenas DV. Modeling of single cell oil production under nitrogen-limited and substrate inhibition condition. Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 2011; 108(5): 1049-1055.
7. Meester PAEP, Huijberts GNM, Eggink G. High-cell-density of the lipid accumulating yeast Cryptococcus curvatus using glycerol as a carbon source. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 1996; 45: 575-579.
8. Ratledge C. Regulation of lipid accumulation in oleaginous micro-organisms. Biochemical Society Transactions. 2002; 30(Pt 6): 1047-1050.
9. Katre G, Joshi Ch, Khot M, Zinjarde S, Ravikumar A. Evaluation of single cell oil (SCO) from a tropical marine yeast Yarrowia lipolytica NCIM 3589 as a potential feedstock for biodiesel. AMB Express. 2012; 2(36): 2191-0855.
10. Khot M, Kamat S, Zinjarde S, Pant A, Chopade B, Ravikumar A. Single cell oil of oleaginous fungi from the tropical mangrove wetlands as a potential feedstock for biodiesel. Microbial Cell Factories. 2012; 11: 1-13.
11. Karatay SE, Donmez G. Improving the lipid accumulation properties of the yeast cells for biodiesel production using molasses. Bioresource Technology. 2010; 101(20): 7988-7990.
12. Zheng Y, Yu X, Zeng J, Chen Sh. Feasibility of filamentous fungi for biofuel production using hydrolysate from dilute sulfuric acid pretreatment of wheat straw. Biotechnology for Biofuels. 2012; 5: 1750-1754.
13. Li Q, Du W, Liu D. Perspective of microbial oils for biodiesel production. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2008; 80: 749-756.
14. Dai C, Tao J, Xie F, Dai Y J, Zhao M. Biodiesel generation oleaginous yeast Rhodotorula glutinis with xylose assimilating capacity. African Journal of Biotechnology. 2007; 6: 2130-2134.
15. Fei Q
, Chang HN
, Shang L
, Choi JD
, Kim N
, Kang J
. The effect of volatile fatty acid as a sole carbon source on lipid accumulation by Cryptococcus albidus for biodiesel production. Bioresource Technology. 2010; 102: 2695-2701.
16. Pan LX, Yang DF, Shao L, Li W, Chen GG, Liang ZQ. Isolation of oleaginous yeast from the soil and studies of their lipid-producing capacities. Food Technology and Biotechnology. 2009; 47: 215-220.
17. Alvarez AF, Alvarez HM, Kalscheuer R, Waltermann M, Steinbuchel A. Cloning and characterization of a gene involved in triacylglycerol biosynthesis and identification of additional homologous genes in the oleaginous bacterium Rhodococcus opacus PD630. Microbiology. 2008; 154(8): 2327-2335.
18. Pelizzola V, Povolo M, Avalli A, Bottari B, Neviani E, Contarini G. Study on lipid fractions of Streptococcus thermophilus by TLC, GC and GC/MC techniques. The Open Analytical Chemistry Journal. 2007; 1: 15-20.
19. Kraisintu P, Yongmanitchai W, Limtong S. Selection and optimization for lipid production of a newly isolated oleaginous yeast, Rdodosporidium toruloides DMKU3-TK16. Kasetsart University, 2010; 44: 436-445.
20. Liu GY, Yuan S, Dai CC. Factors affecting γ- linoleic acid content in fermented glutinous rice brewed by Rhizopus sp. Food Microbiology. 2004; 21(3): 299-304.
21. Miao X, Wu Q. Biodiesel production from heterotrophic microalgal oil. Bioresource Technology. 2006; 97(6): 841-846.
22. Hoffman CS. Current Protocols in Molecular Biology. Wiley and Sons, New York. 1997.
Deak T, Chen J, Beuchat LR. Molecular characterization of Yarrowialipolytica
and Candida zeylanoides
isolated from poultry. Applied and Environmental Microbiol
ogy. 2000; 66: 4340-4344.
24. Leesing R, Baojungharn R. Microbial oil production by isolated oleaginous yeast Torulaspora globosa YU5/2. Engineering and Technology. 2011; 76: 799-803.
25. VijayaKumar S, Kumutha K, Santhana Krishnan P, Gopal H. Effect of carbon sources on lipid and biomass production by oleaginous yeast cultures. Madras Agriculture Journal. 2010; 97(1-3): 62-64.
26. Saxena V, Sharma CD, Bhagat SD, Saini VS, Adhikari DK. Lipid and fatty acid biosynthesis by Rhodotorula minuta. Journal of the American Oil Chemists’s Society. 1998; 25: 501-505.
27. Easterling ER, French WT, Hernandez R, Licha M. The effect of glycerol as a sole and secondary substrate on the growth and fatty acid composition of Rodotorula glutinis. Bioresource Technology. 2009; 100: 356-361.
28. Li YH, Liu B, Sun Y, Zhao ZB, Bai FW. Screening of oleaginous yeasts for broad-spectrum carbohydrates assimilation capacity. China Biotechnology. 2005; 25(12): 39-43.